You are not logged in.

#1 2016-04-13 10:49:30

AndreaBiasior

FR Grace request features

First I will say thanks for these free amazing sampler,I spent many time with Grace,now It's my main sampler for melodic material (Poise for drums ofcourse) I'v got some request,I know you set Grace for free so I don'd want to push you working on free stuff,but some improvements will be really good:

1-sample editor,allow ping-pong loop and/or non destructive crossfade option
2-more import format,like exs24,nki,DirectWave (Image Line sampler) Xrni,Poise ;-)
3-multi outputs
4-basic FX,like modulations (flanger,chorus...) a simple reverb and a delay...really useful for soud design

I will pay for those features,maybe a Grace pro version ?

Thanks

Andrea

Last edited by AndreaBiasior (2016-04-13 10:50:09)

#2 2016-04-13 22:56:03

Shannon
Administrator

Re: FR Grace request features

Hey Andrea, I'm glad to hear you're getting along well with Grace. smile

No plans to do a Grace pro version. A few samplers have come out over the last couple years and I don't think the demand for another one is there. Never the less, I'll keep your suggestions in mind. It's good to hear what's working and not working for you.

Re: #2: I'm happy to consider supporting other import formats. The format needs to be public. NKI is generally encrypted. I'm not sure about the others. What is xrni?

Chicken Systems, who make tools to translate from one patch format to another, have added support for both Poise and Grace also.
http://www.chickensys.com/

#3 2016-04-14 03:04:30

AndreaBiasior

Hi Shannon,thanks to your kind reply,I understand your point of view.

About question #2: XRNI it's native Renoise/Redux sample format,it's just an xml human readable document,similar to sfz+samples in one self contained folder like "piano.xrni" just rename the extension to .zip and you are able to open the folder.
I use Renoise a lot and it's a great sample editor,amog other things and it can grab vst instuments and made xrni patches from them

regards
Andrea

#4 2016-05-09 10:41:27

Barfunkel

My number one feature request is better zooming. It's really slow and cumbersome currently, making using longer samples quite difficult. Looking at how Shortcircuit 2 does it, maybe copy that about directly? Ie. you can just use the scroll wheel to zoom in and out. Very handy, if Grace had that it'd be more or less the only sampler I would use.

#5 2016-07-10 23:03:28

HeartfeltDawn

Being able to reverse the sample within Grace would be a huge feature for me.

#6 2016-07-23 14:39:03

denrize

First of all - thanks for the great work on Grace Shannon!

Beside of all features already mentioned here it would be great to have zero attack when the knob is turned to minimum. There is still a tiny fade-in wich 'eats' the transients on drums or acoustic guitar samples for example. That is biggest pain for me.. sad

Board footer