You are not logged in.

#1 2016-01-19 23:56:20

James J

Individual Pad MIDI CC control

Is there any way to map the pitch parameter (for example) of each pad to a different MIDI CC number?

It seems like all I can do is map a MIDI CC to the pitch parameter for whatever pad is currently selected.

There's no way to map 2 knobs with different CC's so I can adjust the pitch of 2 different pads simultaneously and independently?

#2 2016-01-20 00:20:27

Shannon
Administrator

Re: Individual Pad MIDI CC control

Hi James, welcome to the forum. smile

There is currently no way to map MIDI CC's to pitch parameters on different pads. MIDI control is biased towards real-time editing.

The drum pad pitch controls are also exposed as VST parameters. You can automate the individual VST parameters in your host software. You may also be able to link MIDI CC's to VST parameters via your host as well. (Bitwig can do this. Not sure about others.)

Is there anything else I can help with?

#3 2016-01-20 00:55:04

James J

ahhh, I see...so though I can't use MIDI learn to map a knob to individual pad pitch...BUT individual pad pitch is a VST parameter?

So all I have to do is map incoming CC's to the VST parameter in my host...

This is very powerful! I'm going to test how well this works with the demo and my host.

Thanks

EDIT:

It worked!

Last edited by James J (2016-01-20 02:11:31)

#4 2016-01-20 04:14:54

Shannon
Administrator

Thanks for the update James. smile

#5 2016-04-04 10:18:38

WebBLaB

I have tried to map some knobs in Poise with my midi controller Arturia Beatstep. For testing example I have used a knob for pitch, which works fine in absolute mode. But if I want to avoid to jumping parameters during selection different pads I need to use relative midi CCs. I have set knobs on Beatstep to send data in relative mode 1 which works great in DAW (Reaper) but doesn't in Poise. It seems that Poise reacts properly just for absolute values of midi CCs (I have tried a different relative modes and mode 1 is best choice in Reaper so I suppose that this mode should be fine for Poise as well).

So my question is simple - is Poise able to receive and properly react on relative midi CCs? And if yes how to deal with that, how to change the settings or something what I can do in order to make it work as mentioned (react to relative data)?

Thanks in advance for your reply..

Last edited by WebBLaB (2016-04-04 15:41:54)

#6 2016-04-05 09:40:48

Shannon
Administrator

Hi WebBlaB,

Welcome to the forum. smile

Poise doesn't receive relative MIDI CCs. I'll add it to the TODO list. The Beatstep is certainly popular enough to justify doing so and it would be a handy feature to have. Thanks for bringing it up.

Board footer