You are not logged in.

#1 2016-09-23 20:30:50

MW1

Please help - Poise (within Reaper) output configuration question

*I am unsure if this a Reaper or Poise issue.*

I use Poise within Reaper and have used it with the "2 in 4 out" configuration up until now. But I need 16 outputs now. However, I can't seem to find a way to get to 16 outputs.
Even after selecting "OUTPUTS" within the Options menu and setting it to 16, nothing I do allows me to access or build audio routing to 16 outputs. It's like Reaper recognizes Poise only as have 4 outputs only.

I have tried completely deleting the track Poise is on and re-adding a VSTi track but no matter what I always get "Poise (2 in 4 out)" in the FX selection dialog. It always asks map outputs to two stereo tracks. What do I have to do to change this to 16?

Thanks in advance!

#2 2016-09-24 02:55:02

Shannon
Administrator

Re: Please help - Poise (within Reaper) output configuration question

Hi MW1,

It's been a while since I've used Reaper and I don't really know my way around. Try:

* Add Poise to a track.
* Open the Poise GUI. Press the "Options" button then choose "Preferences..."
* On the "General" tab, change the default number of outputs to 16.
* Remove Poise.
* Add a new Poise track. I think you should now have the option to add Poise with 16 outputs.

Does that work?

#3 2016-09-24 15:39:43

MW1

Hello!
Thank you! It did help. I could not see that option for some reason. It wasn't immediately apparent that it's not only the default but the only way to set more outputs.

#4 2016-09-25 01:39:15

Shannon
Administrator

> It wasn't immediately apparent that it's not only the default but the only way to set more outputs.

It's not the only way. Try:
* Open the Poise GUI -> Menu -> Outputs -> Select the number of outputs you would like to use.

That changes the number of outputs for the current Poise instance. It doesn't change the default number of outputs. However this does require support from the host to work (which most provide). It certainly used to work in older versions of Reaper. I'm not sure what's going on in the current version of Reaper. Perhaps something has changed there.

It's also possible to change the number of outputs by renaming the Poise.dll file. For example:

Copy the Poise.dll and rename to:
Poise 2 Out.dll
Poise 8 Out.dll
Poise 16 Out.dll

These will load with the default number of outputs specified in the filename.

Board footer