You are not logged in.

#1 2016-09-02 02:31:52

garylemark

MIDI Learn - I'm tired

"FL Studio does not send MIDI CC messages to VST Plugins and Poise's MIDI Learn does not work without them. FL Studio is a bit different to most other hosts in this regard."

I think a similar problem is in Abletone. But in FL Studio I found how to solve it (https://youtu.be/ckpsNp9Ct_E?t=3m47s), where you can plug in the parameters window, select Browse Parameters and assign any of the 127 MIDI CC Knob on the right and he immediately starts to be picked up plugin. In Ableton-like features I am not found. So how do you make the Midi Learn to work? This parameter (Sample Start and Sample End) is not responding on Configure function, a plugin has no built-in host controller function. Use other plugins for converting midi to MIDI CC? But how I can setup and configure this plugins? Please help me! I'm tired sad

#2 2016-09-03 09:30:57

Shannon
Administrator

Re: MIDI Learn - I'm tired

Hi Garylemark,

Are you trying to automate Poise's parameters in Ableton Live or FL Studio?

#3 2016-09-03 16:59:21

garylemark

Talking about Ableton now. In FL Studio I can use Fruity Wrapper for it (kinda shell for all plugins)

#4 2016-09-04 01:07:24

Shannon
Administrator

I don't have Ableton Live installed right now so can't check, from memory I think Ableton does send MIDI CC to plugins. Can't remember if there is any trick to getting it working the first time.

Does mapping parameters like this work?

You should go to the vst you want to map in the devices. There you should click on the little triangle in the upper left corner to expand the view.

Now you should see "configure" in the upper right corner of the device. Click on that. You can then move some knobs in your vst which you want to map. Those parameters should then appear as horizontal faders in the ableton device. When your done press escape.

You can map those horizontal faders to the desired midi controller the normal way by right clicking it.

Source: https://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php … &view=next

#5 2016-09-04 11:08:54

garylemark

Shannon wrote:

I don't have Ableton Live installed right now so can't check, from memory I think Ableton does send MIDI CC to plugins. Can't remember if there is any trick to getting it working the first time.

Does mapping parameters like this work?

You should go to the vst you want to map in the devices. There you should click on the little triangle in the upper left corner to expand the view.

Now you should see "configure" in the upper right corner of the device. Click on that. You can then move some knobs in your vst which you want to map. Those parameters should then appear as horizontal faders in the ableton device. When your done press escape.

You can map those horizontal faders to the desired midi controller the normal way by right clicking it.

Source: https://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php … &view=next

Unfortunately, "Configure" option is not responding to Sample Start/End

#6 2016-09-05 01:35:32

Shannon
Administrator

MIDI editing in Poise is kind of split into two parts:

a) All the pad level parameters (Pitch, Volume, Balance) can be automated via Poise's published VST parameters.
b) Many of the sample level parameters must be automated by sending MIDI CC directly to Poise. In addition, the sample level parameters automation is always directed to the currently selected drum pad.

> Unfortunately, "Configure" option is not responding to Sample Start/End

You'll need to figure out how to send MIDI CC directly to the plugin. I think Ableton should be doing it by default. Can you try to automate the amplitude envelope or pitch envelope knobs? Does that work?

Board footer