You are not logged in.

#1 2016-04-12 09:31:55

totalcult

Poise Question - Hay-elp!

Hi there,

I'm a new user. I love Poise. It is amazing. But I'm struggling with one feature. I'm sure it's there, but I don't know how to access it.

Is there a way to cycle through samples, while auditioning samples in a kit?

Sorry  - that's probably not very clear. So, say I've loaded a kick onto Pad 1. That kick is in a folder full of my favourite kicks. How can I switch that pad to play the next sample in that folder? Or the previous one. Most VST drum samplers I've used have little arrow buttons for "Next" and "Previous".

Like this on Reason's Redrum:
ElVEf7G.jpg

And like this on Guru:
1rRXXOm.png

Like I say, I'm certain Poise has it, but I'm damned if I can find it. And the alternative - clearing the pad and then dragging over a new sample - is so much slower that it's sort of putting me off using Poise a bit.

Anyway, hoping you can set me right.

#2 2016-04-12 22:46:43

Shannon
Administrator

Re: Poise Question - Hay-elp!

Hi Totalcult, welcome to the forum.

Previous and next are accessed via hotkeys. B and N respectively. (B is for Back.)

> And the alternative - clearing the pad and then dragging over a new sample - is so much slower that it's sort of putting me off using Poise a bit.

If you drop the new sample directly on the waveform display instead of the pad, the existing sample will be replaced.

Anything else I can help with?

#3 2016-04-13 00:42:20

totalcult

Shannon wrote:

Hi Totalcult, welcome to the forum.

Previous and next are accessed via hotkeys. B and N respectively. (B is for Back.)

> And the alternative - clearing the pad and then dragging over a new sample - is so much slower that it's sort of putting me off using Poise a bit.

If you drop the new sample directly on the waveform display instead of the pad, the existing sample will be replaced.

Anything else I can help with?

Amazing.  This is exactly what I needed! Thanks so much for taking the time to respond.

#4 2016-04-13 22:56:53

Shannon
Administrator

> Amazing.  This is exactly what I needed! Thanks so much for taking the time to respond.

No problem. smile

Board footer