You are not logged in.

#1 2016-01-31 04:28:17

mehr

[Closed] Drag and Drop wav issue with Ableton

Win7 x64, 32 bit version of ableton, running poise in 32 bit.

I've just got the demo and was interested in buying it for ableton but its not working properly it seems. I want to be able to make a recording and drag it, right from where I recorded it, into Poise.

But will say "file appears to be corrupt or not a valid wave file".

This is what I've been able to make out so far. All of this refers to drag and drop loading, as thats one of the main reasons I want poise.

A freshly recorded audio clip will not load into Poise from session view

same file will not load from ableton browser if still loaded in session view

file/clip must be removed from session view, then it can be loaded into Poise from browser

if you put it back in session view from browser, you can now load it from session view or browser, as one would expect.

same behavior with flattened session midi tracks and arrangement view audio recordings. All must be removed from the place they were recorded to and then put back from the browser before you can drag them into Poise.

Great software otherwise, i really hope this is fixed because so far its the only thing holding me off from buying. Please fix soon! I really want this!

Last edited by mehr (2016-01-31 06:53:07)

#2 2016-01-31 23:24:58

Shannon
Administrator

Re: [Closed] Drag and Drop wav issue with Ableton

Hi Mehr, Thanks for reporting the issue. What version of Ableton are you using?

Thanks
Shannon

#3 2016-02-01 06:22:50

mehr

#4 2016-02-02 01:04:30

Shannon
Administrator

Thanks for the info Mehr. I've had a quick look and can reproduce the issue but need to dig in more to find out what's going.

#5 2016-02-02 19:24:52

Shannon
Administrator

From what I can see, Ableton Live is locking flattened audio files preventing other applications from opening them. In my tests here I'm not able to open the flattened files in other applications either. I'm not sure why Poise is reporting the file as being corrupt. It should report the file as locked. That is a bug.

It might be worth contacting Ableton to see if the flattened file locking is intentional and report it as a bug if it's not.

Is there anything else I can help with Mehr?

Board footer