You are not logged in.

#1 2016-01-22 18:57:39

Marko

Poise: Click at start of sample playback

Hi

First off thank you for Poise (and now Grace!). I've had Poise for a few years now and really love using it, so quick and easy to get what I want up and running.

However, I am experiencing a problem that has been ongoing for a while now and I can't find any reference to it here or elsewhere.

I load a bass drum sample into Poise, when it is triggered from a midi item in Reaper there is an unpleasant click at the start of the sample playback. This occurs every time the sample is triggered. I have loaded the same sample into Grace and it plays without the unpleasant click. If I load the sample onto a track in Reaper, there is also no click. When simply placed on an audio track, I am pulling the fade in handle fully to the left so it is not due to Reaper fading in the sample. The sample does not have a click in it.

I have made sure that the sample is not clipping, played with the envelopes in the Sample Controls section etc, but cannot find a solution.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Marko

#2 2016-01-24 21:19:52

Shannon
Administrator

Re: Poise: Click at start of sample playback

Hi Marko,

Welcome to the forum. smile

Thanks for reporting the issue. Could you upload that one bass drum sample or email it to me please? I'll take a look at the sample in Poise and try to figure out whats going on. It does sound a bit odd.

Thanks
Shannon

#3 2016-05-31 20:05:32

midipi

Same behaviour with any sample in my setup. Is there any workaround to this? I wrote to Shannon today.
DAW =Studio One pro v3
Win10 x64 i7 4770K / 16Gb RAM

No problems with other VSTs. No Clicks etc. ...

#4 2016-06-01 23:02:04

Shannon
Administrator

Hi midipi, I can't reproduce any clicks in Poise yet. I've just sent you an email with an updated version of Poise to test.

#5 2016-06-06 06:30:14

Shannon
Administrator

I've just looked at some rendered audio Midipi has sent though. There is a distinct click a couple milliseconds before the onset of each sample. I've not seen this before and haven't worked out whats going on yet.

Please get in touch if you're having the same problem.

Board footer