You are not logged in.

#1 2017-02-13 03:17:10

Malt Liquor Bum

Does Poise have some sort of filter?

Hi there. Been checking out the demo for Poise and I've notice drum samples seem to have a bit of a muffled sound like a LP filter. Is this the way Poise is supposed to sound?

#2 2017-02-18 00:23:25

Shannon
Administrator

Re: Does Poise have some sort of filter?

Hi Malt Liquor Bum, Thanks for checking out Poise. The high frequencies are slightly rolled off in the current version of Poise. It's due to the oversampling filter that was added a while ago. Right now there's a trade-off between CPU usage and transparency. At some point I'd like to improve the oversampling code again to increase it's transparency without excessive CPU usage.

Is there anything else I can help with?

#3 2017-02-18 01:22:02

Malt Liquor Bum

Thanks for the response. I thought there was some sort of rolling off in the highs. I was a/b the same samples in Geist2 and Poise and Poise sounded a little duller. Geist2 is a little too bloated to open up just to get some drums going. I'll purchase as soon as get some money saved. Thanks

#4 2017-02-20 15:12:17

Tom

Interesting that this is the latest topic as I've made the same observation a few days ago.
I was a/b the exact same drum samples in Battery 4 and Poise ( and later also compared it to the pure audio samples ). In Poise the samples sound substantially "duller" and - imho - a little less punchy.

I absolutely love Poise ( it's definitely one of my all-time favorite plugins ), it's UI and general ease of use but it would be really really nice if this problem would be adressed in the near future as I find it almost impossible to use Poise with certain samples ( due to the sound deterioration ).

#5 2017-02-26 04:54:24

Shannon
Administrator

Thanks for speaking up Tom. smile

Board footer